Random Drivel from your Average Tosser

...with your host, Binty McShae - whether you like it or not!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Strange Folk Trying to Make a Point...

1) Definitely trying to make a point:-
The Not-So-Stupid Town Mayor

It appears that federal decrees in Brazil forbid the town of Biritiba Mirim from either building a new cemetery or expanding an existing one, for reasons of land and water preservation. However, because other Government environmental protection measures forbid cremation it has left this town of 28,000 people (which is only 70km away from Brazil's largest city Sao Paulo) wondering how to dispose of loved ones who have kicked the cubeta. To that end Mayor Roberto Pereira has come up with an unusual solution. He has presented the Town Council with a Bill to make dying illegal.

The contents of the Bill include a demand to residents to "take good care of your health in order not to die". Rumours that this could become a capital offence, however, are dismissed by the Mayor who has charitably not stipulated a penalty for anyone daring enough to break this law

Of course this is simply a very effective way of drawing media attention to their unusual situation and a Mayoral aide is quick to point out that his boss was never truly serious and that the Bill is too unconstitutional to ever be approved, "But can you think of a better marketing strategy to persuade the government to modify the legislation...?"

2) Probably trying to make a point but being very obscure:-
The Mad Irish Banshee

Recently Sinead O'Connor said this: "I think God is unemployed and lonely". What the fuck? Ignore the randomly crazy subject matter, how about the choice of her description? I'd have expected her to say something more like "I think God is uncaring and lazy". Except with a couple of "feck's" to really make the point. I don't have a bloody clue what she's blathering on about but it just stood out to me...

3) Utterly pointless - just a crap excuse to make a crap pun:-
The (insert your own description here - I'm too lazy) Actress

According to Joely Richardson "There's something tremendously erotic about someone who holds everything in". I don't know about you but now I have developed a middle aged spread I frequently try to hold everything in.... I don't think it's ever made me seem erotic though. (I did warn you that it was bad).

Cheers m'dears!

5 Comments:

At Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:48:00 pm, Blogger fatmammycat said...

That Sinead O'Connor, mad as a bag of cats. I saw her wittering away on the Late late Show recently, her solution to war...'I think you know, people should just, you know, throw down their arms, you know, and embrace each other, you know?"
Idiot.

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 1:24:00 am, Blogger Andraste said...

Indeed. Didn't she once try to get Shane McGowan to quit drinking or something?

in-fucking-sane

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 3:13:00 am, Blogger Binty McShae said...

I threw down my arms once. Had to get some other fucker to pick them up for me though.........

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 9:21:00 am, Blogger LindyK said...

As long as it wasn't Sinead, you should be ok, eh Binty?

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 6:11:00 pm, Blogger fatmammycat said...

Sigh, she looks the same, only madder and is clearly smoking a ferocious amount of grass because in interviews, something she was never good at, she is a mumbling shambolic mess. Read the below link. The thing is my pal B tells me the album is great and that her voice is better than ever. She has an amazing talent, she's just barking.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/07/AR2005120702

 

Post a Comment

<< Home