Random Drivel from your Average Tosser

...with your host, Binty McShae - whether you like it or not!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Access All Areas

There I was, sipping on a glass of red, munching away on some little patry thing, when George Clinton wandered past, heading to join the rest of his Parliament Funkadelic. He glanced at me, I nodded, he didn't notice (that's what I choose to believe anyway, in my own little bubble world). So I shamble over to the bar for a top up and to rub shoulders with Earth, Wind & Fire just as Broken Social Scene appear from the stairs, fresh from the stage. At least they saw me and returned the friendly nod. Shy as I am I couldn't manage to strike up a conversation with any of them (all of whom are undoubtedly my musical superiors) and was contenting myself with chatting to Miles from Sinless City based act The Disclaimers when along come The Great Spy Experiment, another local act but one destined for international semi-stardom at the very least. Playing on the local scene myself I knew the guys (and gal) well enough to exchange greetings and complement them on their earlier set, in the process inviting them along to mine (this evening, incidentally. Not that any of you will be there). And then I helped myself to some more free wine and food and set about seeing who else I could spot. Unfortunately Jools Holland hadn't flown in yet... well, there's always the wrap party! It's a hard life sometimes...

Incidentally, do check out The Great Spy Experiment... they are fucking awesome!

Cheers m'dears!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At Monday, March 17, 2008 11:53:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wee hoo.. what an evening you had! :o)

 
At Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:24:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I just work out who u r! Velly intelesting mr bond! And from visiting you're links i recognize another person to! My my, you lead a complicated life.

Youll be hearing from me!

 
At Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:02:00 pm, Blogger Binty McShae said...

Um... yeah. I don't believe you for a second, y' little troll.

 
At Thursday, April 03, 2008 10:00:00 am, Blogger SafeTinspector said...

I know who you are because I am the man who steals your underwear at the laundry.

 
At Sunday, April 06, 2008 3:49:00 pm, Blogger Monstee said...

All this Who's Who drives me batshit!

Why for not we all just be ourselves?

Also: It am cool that you get to hang out with famous bands... Me have sex with young famous women.

 
At Tuesday, April 08, 2008 9:26:00 am, Blogger Binty McShae said...

Yes, but Dakota Fanning' parents aren't too pleased...

 
At Tuesday, April 08, 2008 3:39:00 pm, Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Thanks for the gift - I've added it as an update to my post

:)

 
At Monday, April 21, 2008 11:11:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As i said, youl be hearing from me. dont believe i know you? Ha! okay, hows this? I seen you sing in a scottish bar. i know your still in love with the girl you call lovely. she calls herself Aurora. Nice tattoo of the lion by the way.

Your a nic e guy but a twat. Why you watse time on her? Ha! Got your attention now, right!

 
At Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:13:00 pm, Blogger Binty McShae said...

Okay. Sure. Now, if you want to continue with this why not email me. It's on my profile. Better still, since you seem to know me so well, how about you grow a pair and actually confront me face to face.

 
At Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:18:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://thedarknymph.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home