Random Drivel from your Average Tosser

...with your host, Binty McShae - whether you like it or not!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Spam, spam, spam, scam...

I received this e-mail today:

"Attention,the irish gaming board has held an online draw.the online draw is normally held once a month (october) and your email address has been selected along side five other winners,
contact coordinator: DR Sean Lennon (seanlennon_claimsagent10@yahoo.co.uk )
file in your claims below as you have won one million three hundred and fifty thousand euros

Name;
Telephone:
Address:
Country/position:"

Now (even ignoring the fact that the grammar is fucking appalling) we all know that crap like this is a scam... or at least you would think we do. Yet dozens of people fall for them - usually the elderly, who are often less in tune with technology and more accepting of what they are told via it. And it fair fucks me off! So I replied...

Oh, I know I am not supposed to, that it opens the door to more of the same (etc., etc.), but once in a while I feel the need to just get arsey. So I sent back my details, as follows....

"Name; Mr U. R. Acunt
Telephone: 0800 FUCK-YOU
Address: 69 Youmustthinkimstupid Street
Country/position: Uranus"

Not the wittiest reply, but I feel better. And if anyone else would like to join me in return spamming DR Sean Lennon (seanlennon_claimsagent10@yahoo.co.uk ) please feel free to cut and paste my reply, or make up your own. Even better... why not forward all the other spam you receive to DR Sean Lennon (seanlennon_claimsagent10@yahoo.co.uk ), give him a taste of his own. That's DR Sean Lennon (seanlennon_claimsagent10@yahoo.co.uk ), by the way. He's a cunt.

Cheers m'dears!

(DR Sean Lennon (seanlennon_claimsagent10@yahoo.co.uk ))

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, October 22, 2007 12:23:00 am, Blogger SouthLoopScot said...

Cunt indeed! I've received a lot of the "Nigerian Barrister" e-mails on my yahoo account. I replied in much the same manner as you did, although not quite as witty. :)
But alas, that is why I have a yahoo account, to get junk mail. I never use my personal e-mail for signing up for web page access. It seems to work well.

 
At Monday, October 22, 2007 12:27:00 pm, Blogger scout said...

oh the nigerians. i remember them well. such a generous population. with so many rich exiled people.

and binty, LOVE it when you start ranting. is most amusing. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home