Random Drivel from your Average Tosser

...with your host, Binty McShae - whether you like it or not!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Identity - the meme

Okay, I am a bit slow on the uptake here but it has come to my attention that the aviating vermin has tagged me with another mo'fo'ing meme... and you know I HATE those things! But in lieu of any other form of inspiration for my random drivel I am inclined to take him up on the task...

So this one is 8 true facts about me with one utter porky. See if you can guess which one is balderdash...

1) I once acted in a popular British soap opera. No, I won't say which one. I still feel unclean. Suffice to say no-one I know even recalls ever seeing me in that role.

2) An ex-girlfriend of mine once contracted chlamidya... in her eye. It took the doctors weeks to work out what the problem was. And I'm sure many of them have dined out on that story since.

3) My favourite playwright is the relatively obscure Olwen Wymark, who was married to actor Patrick Wymark, twice celluloid-portrayer of Winston Churchill as well as Oliver Cromwell in Witchfinder General.

4) Despite growing up right by the sea (and I mean about 10 meters away from it at high tide) the highest swimming certificate I ever achieved was the 50 meters. And that was doggy-style. Err... I mean, 'paddle'!

5) I once full-on snogged a moustachioed man. There were extenuating circumstances. And it wasn't nice. Especially for him as I had been eating tuna from the tin 15 minutes previously.

6) I once lived two doors along from the scriptwriter for Roland Rat and The Krankies (sorry, non-Brits... you'll have to look those references up!). The latter I met in person at his house. It was not one of those hero-worship moments.

7) My father once stood in for Ian Anderson when he was unable to sing with his band Jethro Tull during auditions for a new drummer. Although that was around the Catfish Rising years, hardly a legendary period.

8) A picture I painted when I was only 16 can be seen behind Bob Dylan's head on the cover of his album 'World Gone Wrong'. It was hanging in the Camden gallery where Bob's photo shoot took place. For some legal bollocks reason I am not entitled to any royalties. Which is a bitch.

9) Yesterday on the MRT (tube / subway / metro, depending where you're from) another passenger accidentally showed me a picture on his phone of himself sitting on the toilet with his cock blatantly in shot. Oh, how we laughed.

If you get it right you get a nice little e-mail from me... but don't let on to anyone else! Oh, and Doc M., Kim, Sarah, FMC, Footsie... tag, you're it!

Cheers m'dears!

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:58:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the chlamydia in the eye has got to be the fake. It's just too gross to be true, isn't it?

 
At Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:57:00 pm, Blogger Kim Ayres said...

If you painted L'etrnager, you are Peter Gallagher. I claim my £5.

Unfortunately, that must mean the chlamydia story is true... ew

 
At Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:24:00 am, Blogger Foot Eater said...

I don't belive the Jethro Tull one, because it makes me jealous. I'll take a cheque if you don't mind.

 
At Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:26:00 am, Blogger Foot Eater said...

...though the Dylan one makes me even jealouser. No, I'll stick with number seven.

 
At Friday, July 20, 2007 12:17:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm going to have to go on record saying they are ALL bollocks, except #2 because i believe you gave it to her.

(hahha)

 
At Friday, July 20, 2007 3:39:00 am, Blogger Misssy M said...

I want them ALL to be true. But in the spirit of the game I'm going to say the soap opera one is the odd one out.

But I hope it isn't. And if it isn't I hope it was Eldorado.

 
At Sunday, July 22, 2007 7:31:00 am, Blogger SafeTinspector said...

I think you would have had some interesting questions to ask that girlfriend of yours if it were true.
Talk about your filthy money shots...

 
At Friday, July 27, 2007 10:01:00 am, Blogger Foot Eater said...

So if I start at the top and guess my way down, will I eventually get an email?

 
At Saturday, July 28, 2007 8:50:00 am, Blogger SafeTinspector said...

people, people, people, the man is a tower of mystery.
A mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in bacon.

 
At Monday, July 30, 2007 5:06:00 pm, Blogger Binty McShae said...

Mmmmm.... bacon.....

 
At Wednesday, August 01, 2007 3:19:00 pm, Blogger Monstee said...

THAT am me line McShae!

 
At Sunday, August 05, 2007 3:14:00 am, Blogger SafeTinspector said...

Monstee, you are such a transparent meat enthusiast.

 
At Tuesday, August 07, 2007 2:35:00 pm, Blogger Monstee said...

mmMMMMmmmmmmtransparentmeat.....

 
At Saturday, September 22, 2007 7:24:00 am, Blogger fatmammycat said...

Darling? Ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home