Random Drivel from your Average Tosser

...with your host, Binty McShae - whether you like it or not!

Friday, November 18, 2005

Sex and Sinless City

Okay, so I was reading the local propoganda broadsheet this morning when I came across an article on a sex-festival. "What the fuck?" I said out loud, to the obvious amusement of the schoolkids on the seat behind me on the bus (and to the glare of the old git opposite). Okay, so this city isn't really 'Sinless' - there is an entire shopping centre which becomes it's own red light district at night, for Christ's sake! - it just often feels like it's supposed to be. But for there to be a festival all about making beasts with two backs here, and during daylight hours... that, my friends, is not usual!

Of course, as I read further into the article the Sinless City I have come to know started to show. Unlike counterparts in other parts of the world this is not to be all about dildo's and sado-masochist toys (one display has been banned because the dildo's were "dangerously oversized" and "could cause injury to users"), but will also house stands for roughly 200 medical and lifestyle organisations (in most cases here 'lifestyle' means 'religious'). Okay, that is all good and I applaud the sensible and responsible nature of the organisers but the fact that there are only 12 booths displaying and selling the arguably more 'fun' aspects of sex kind of begs the question, are they really going to attract the 60,000 people they need to break even? Add to that the age limit being imposed: under 21 year olds can attend but only for the part where they talk about sex and social responsibility. Seems weird when they have to do National Service in their late teens and get trained to kill people. Hey, we trust you to use a gun but not your cocks..... But this was not what really got my goatee.........

The fact that this exhibition has anything to do with sex has already got folks wetting their pants in indignation. A spokesman for the police was quoted in the article saying that it "must not promote objectionable behaviours or lifestyles, such as sado-masochism, bestiality, homosexuality, paedophilia, and promiscuity". What an absolute fucking cunt. Look, I absolutley agree with the comment about paedophilia, and on bestaility - neither of which are usually about sex, more about power and the child / animal usually has fucking little option in the matter. They are bang out of order, 100%, but sado-masochism? Not my bag, but some people are into it and consent to it willingly. Promiscuity? If we're all fucking everyone else then who gives a shit, as long as we do it responsibly (and there are 200 organisations willing to help with that at the exhibition!!). And homosexuality? Well, that one really fucks me right off!

I am not gay, never have been, but have plenty of friends who are and the ones that are my age in particular usually have the most loving stable relationships out of anyone I know. An objectionable lifestyle? I'll concede that the police spokesman is entitled to his own opinion but I bet if I spent a few days with him I'd find a few things about his lifestyle that I also find objectionable. And to lump it in with paedophilia is complete fucking lunacy, ill-informed and frankly bigotted. It's attitudes like his that turned me right off religion as a teen. So thank you, Mister Police Spokesman.........


........I bet you are just sexually frustrated and could use a damn good buggering!

Oh, and incidentally, the toy in the picture is not mine. Ye gads, no!

Cheers m'dears!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:55:00 pm, Blogger SheBah said...

Binty - I have one of those lovely pink rabbits - fits nicely into the hand luggage. Don't half get some funny looks from airport security, though - but have never been challenged by any of them - in any country - yet! Can't wait to give them a demo!.

 
At Friday, May 12, 2006 2:29:00 am, Blogger Foot Eater said...

From the blogosaurus: regenesise - to repost early blog entries once you've built up a large readership so that said entries get the appreciation they always deserved.

 
At Friday, May 12, 2006 8:47:00 am, Blogger Binty McShae said...

From the Bintosaurus: WhythefuckdidIdothisinthefirstplaceitsjustacuntingpaininthearse-ise - the act of slowly and painfully rebuilding your blog and reposting old material after you did too damn good a job making it 'temporarily' unusable.

 
At Friday, May 12, 2006 8:49:00 am, Blogger Binty McShae said...

Shebah? Got fed up with 'Sexybeauty' did we? I thought I had a new visitor for a moment there...

 
At Friday, May 12, 2006 9:59:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Binty - I was getting some weirdos who thought I was a hooker! Wanted to keep the S.B. bit so had to think up another monicker!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home