Random Drivel from your Average Tosser

...with your host, Binty McShae - whether you like it or not!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Hitler Youth is alive and well.

I have sat here for two hours starting this entry over and over again. Words fail me. You see, it seems easy to rail against the small-minded bigotry of middle-aged white-supremacists because we seem so sure that they are collectively an ageing dinosaur, steadily dying out. With each generation the support for these views seems to grow thinner, and whilst we know that peace will never truly abound in our time we have hope for the future.

And then you come across Lamb and Lynx (pictured). I first saw them on a documentary a couple of years ago and I was shocked - not just by the two cute blonde haired moppets who were incongruosly spouting seperatist propoganda but also by my own naivety. I mean, where did I think the middle-aged bigots came from? For those not in the know this pair form the musical duo "Prussian Blue" (look up the term on google and you will see it's link to the gas chambers used in the holocaust), whose lyrics deal not just with the usual teen angst of fancying boys and the heart-warming odes to a loving family but also with spreading the 'truth' about keeping purity in the white race. With songs like the all-German "Weiss, Weiss, Weiss" (White, White, White) and disturbing lyrics like "Rudolph Hess, man of Peace; He wouldn't give up and he wouldn't cease; To give his loyalty to our Cause; Remember him and give a pause" these girls are the almost-acceptable face of racism.

Now thirteen years old they are entering a period of their life when they may cease repeating their parents words parrot-fashion and begin to explore their views and their ideology. What they will find is not the glorious world of white pride they sing about but something decidedly more murky, however they choose to view it. Maybe then they will come to understand that when they say that they are 'seperatists, not supremacists' the reality is that those two often amount to the same thing... why would you want to be seperate from something you didn't believe you were superior to? We can but hope that as they mature into adulthood this pair, and the countless other kids like them, will realise that this world should not be about building walls of segregation but about extending bridges of compassion.

Other posts I have written before have often been sharper-edged and littered with expletives because of the bile the subject matter engendered. But I find that I cannot get angry about these girls - not yet, anyway. Instead I am just overwhelmingly saddened by them... and sad for them.


Cheers m'dears!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At Thursday, November 24, 2005 1:25:00 am, Blogger Andraste said...

I've seen this picture before but had no idea...I thought they were just some stupid little shits, with no sense of history, wearing some t-shirts they think are clever or ironic... Now I feel very sad.

I don't know what else to say.

 
At Thursday, November 24, 2005 5:00:00 am, Blogger Dr Maroon said...

I thought you'd buggered off for thanksgiving you sneaky stoat.

 
At Thursday, November 24, 2005 11:19:00 am, Blogger LindyK said...

I saw some news program on these two... chilling how twisted the ideology of a twelve year old can be! Just goes to show you can't trust kids -- sneaky little cunts they are!

 
At Thursday, November 24, 2005 2:31:00 pm, Blogger Binty McShae said...

Yes, I did suggest research. I also asked you to refrain from insulting me, but I suppose some folks have to take it a step at a time.

Incidetally, well done to the girls for their donation to the Katrina survivors... shame on them for insisting that their money only go to the whites that were affected.

Shit like that disgusts me.

 
At Monday, November 28, 2005 12:09:00 am, Blogger Andraste said...

A slap? Let me at 'em. I'll put a pillow over both their sweet little faces and have done with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home