Random Drivel from your Average Tosser

...with your host, Binty McShae - whether you like it or not!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

I eat my own words!

It appears that I may well have jumped the gun a tad.

Today's Daily Propoganda (which has had nothing against a good bit of Aussie-bashing in recent months) has reported that most Australians are not interested in their firing-squad bound compatriots. The Sydney Daily Telegraph ran with a front page article headlined "No Sympathy" which made it clear that whilst they did not support the Death Penalty they did "support the notion of personal responsibility", and PM John Howard has washed his hands saying "there is a limit" and acknowledging Indonesia's right to exercise its own laws.

Whilst this makes a refreshing change after the Nguyen Tuong Van debacle I shall hold back any apology for yesterdays post until I see what happens as the execution date draws closer. After all, unlike Singapore the Indonesian Government has been less consistent in applying the letter of the law and this may be an opportunity that protesters in Australia won't want to miss.

Cheers m'dears!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:19:00 pm, Blogger fatmammycat said...

So, now what? They are not interested periond, or they are not interested in these particular guys?

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 4:21:00 am, Blogger sarah said...

hmm.. will you be out there protesting? you are in SE Asia still, are you not?

you could take a trip.. endanger yourself for the cause.

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 4:11:00 pm, Blogger Binty McShae said...

FMC - lets wait and see how long it takes before someone over there kicks up a fuss!

Sarah - No, I'm not. I wouldn't if I was in the states, or anywhere else. I will argue my case vehemently and try to change opinions but in a case like this no-one is going to listen to a group of placard waving liberals, especially a white one in Indonesia!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home