Random Drivel from your Average Tosser

...with your host, Binty McShae - whether you like it or not!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Far-Eastenders!

"You begin reclassifying your life into "that will make a good blog entry" or "that won't make a good blog entry". Suddenly your life isn't your own anymore."
Writer Douglas Coupland, explaining why he doesn't blog.


Reading FMC's current post 'Bitch Fight!' suddenly jolted my memory back to an event sometime last week that took me so by surprise that I instantly said "That's going in my blog". Sorry Mr Coupland, I don't have your willpower. Now, this instance is not as big or as bad as FMC's but judging purely by the nature of my previous experiences in Sinless City it caught me a little off-guard...

Whilst walking along the riverside bars with a friend, checking out which dodgy overpriced nightspot we were going to weasel our way into, we decided to join a queue behind two attractive young women of Chinese origin. No, they were not our motivation - it's hardly an unusual sight here - it was the lure of cheap(er) drinks. We didn't hang around long, though, as 30 seconds later (and with no hint of a warning) the one girl turned around to the other and screamed at the top of her lungs (in a suspiciously cock-er-nee Eastenders fashion) "LET'S 'AVE IT!!". Girl two scarpered pretty sharpish, and we weren't far behind to be honest...

Now, okay - nothing out of the ordinary for many of you I suspect... but unlike my previous home in Yokelbury, UK, the atmosphere over here is generally not like that. And despite western TV and films constant portrayl of Oriental women as the screaming dominatrix type none of the Chinese women I have met have been anywhere near that aggressive. Angry, sure. Loud... almost always. But psycho-like? In retrospect (and sobriety) the occurrence was not actually half as amusing as I thought at the time, but the image of that pretty 5'2" Chinese girl, feet firmly planted, holding her hands out (palms up and gesturing in the 'bring it on' motion), mouth wide open as she bellowed a la football hooligan... that's going to stay with me for some time, believe me!

Cheers m'dears!

Incidentally - this is my actual, real, genuine 100th post. "Oh, huzzah" I hear you mutter. Don't worry about dropping by to congratulate me though, you've already missed the party... we had it a bit early!

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:32:00 pm, Blogger redhead83402 said...

And that, my dear binty, is what separates properly groomed ladies with class from tacky two-bit whores. No matter the money, or trappings, no matter the clothing, or jewelry or surroundings, class cannot be bought. We here in the states have a saying that aptly fits "You can take the girl out of the trailerpark, but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl" ( Unless, I suppose, you are Audrey Hepburn and you happen to meet up with Rex Harrison, perhaps there is a chance afterall... perhaps)

 
At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 5:11:00 pm, Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Congrats on the 100th anyway Binty!

 
At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 11:12:00 pm, Blogger SheBah said...

Binty - you've made the ton - congratulations!

 
At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:43:00 am, Blogger fatmammycat said...

Congrats sweetie!

 
At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:40:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that my friend, is to be catagorized under the header "priceless".

and congrats on your 100th, you wee newbie.

take that quote and add.. "after my 500th, i can't be arsed to do too many more." and you'll have my current feeling on the subject.

 
At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:55:00 am, Blogger iLL Man said...

Congratulations Binty. Don't know why but I thought you'd been on the go for longer than that. I've come late to yr blog despite clairwil's reccomendation and being aware of it through the mischief. I'm a lazy sod to be honest.

Heres to a hundred more.

 
At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 1:10:00 pm, Blogger Dr Joseph McCrumble said...

Hi Binty

So you weren't tempted to hang around and watch then? There's a fine line between love and hate.....

 
At Thursday, June 01, 2006 12:36:00 am, Blogger Foot Eater said...

I'm so far behind I just popped in to congratulate you on your faux-one-hundredth post.

 
At Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:12:00 am, Blogger Binty McShae said...

Red, I had an ex whom I kind of "took out the trailer park"... Now, I'm not exactly sophisticated, and I certainly wasn't trying to change the girl, but she ended up getting so hoity-toity and up her own arse that she ditched me for being too common...

Kim, SheBah, FMC - cheers!

Illman, I've only been here since November... but if I hadn't buggered off so much and for so long I might have hit triple figures a while back.

Doc Mc, I make it my business when ladies get violent with each other to get the hell out of there. They are much more vicious than men when they get going!

Foot, thanks for congratulating my faux-100th.... but this one is my real-100th1!

Sarah, but I did set it right! Nothing is missing! I tidied up the layout on a couple of early posts but it's all still there!! The only thing I ever took down was the drunk, angry, deeply personal post which I almost immediately replaced....

 
At Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:45:00 am, Blogger sarah said...

i appreciated your drunk, angry, deeply personal post. it made me appreciate you more and respect you more as a human.

:o)

there's no winning, but i'll set it straight, i'm not mad.

 
At Friday, June 02, 2006 9:56:00 am, Blogger LindyK said...

Congratulations on your hundredth, Binty! Cheers!

 
At Saturday, June 03, 2006 3:16:00 am, Blogger SafeTinspector said...

Binty, happy 'hundred /
It simply shant be sundered
and when you get to two
may your home be left unshuttered

'cause I'm the bird about
who tweets instead of shouts
but I can't see you
when your windows shut me out.

 
At Saturday, June 03, 2006 5:41:00 pm, Blogger Binty McShae said...

Very nice SafeT - thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home