Random Drivel from your Average Tosser

...with your host, Binty McShae - whether you like it or not!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Boys will be boys...

It was one of those rare moments during an epic staff meeting where I was not idly singing rude songs in my head, nor thinking up inappropriate anagrammatical names for my work colleagues. In fact, I was not even doodling abstract representations of my own psyche in the margin of my pad. I was actually listening. I don't know how that came about, what breach had occurred in my usually very secure sanity-protection wall, but droning words from the oh-so-disapproving mouth of my Chinese-version Hyacinth Bucket Gruppenführer were somehow managing to embed themselves in my consciousness.

Normally this would be a case for immediate use of my hidden cyanide capsule but, luckily, one small gem of a freudian slip allowed me to rest easy...

"...watch out for the boys behaviour in class when teachers are not around, things like pushing, shoving, frisbee, playing with their balls..."

I caught the eye of one colleague and we telepathically rolled on the floor in hysterics... I'd like to think that the muted reaction of the others indicates a more developed laugh-stifling technique, but they probably just aren't as dirty-minded as me.

It goes to show what a dull, dull life I am currently leading when you find me fervently praying that those last four words make the minutes!

Cheers m'dears!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At Thursday, February 01, 2007 4:07:00 pm, Blogger sarah said...

i was forced to send a page to a coworker today.. for lack of anything else, it went something like this:

"Monica, you're husband is at the back door..."

people laughed at me.. dirty people. and i was so daft, that it took me an entire 5 minutes to get it.

i'm slipping. (i'm ashamed)

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2007 5:29:00 pm, Blogger Kim Ayres said...

My guess Binty, is the rest of the staff weren't brought up on a diet of Carry On, Benny Hill and The Two Ronnies

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2007 6:20:00 pm, Blogger Student said...

That's good stuff. In a staff meeting you take it where you can get it (fnar).

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2007 7:38:00 pm, Blogger fatmammycat said...

Poor old sausage, there is nothing quite as soul destroying as teaching English. Mi condolencia.

 
At Friday, February 02, 2007 8:38:00 am, Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

And that is pronounced "boo KAY"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home